∞ Crib Bedding ∞
Every part of putting this nursery together has taken me longer than expected, the bed skirt and bumper for the crib were no exception. The problem encountered with this project was not something I anticipated - though, in retrospect, I got my fabric at JoAnn's, so I really should have expected it. Long story short, this lovely woven fabric that I chose was not woven correctly, making the distance between patterns different. If you look at the bottom of the bed skirt you can see that one side hangs down longer than the other. Had I decided to make them the same length I would have had to cut off part of the pattern - which I think would have looked worse. I also ran out of fabric - which wouldn't have been a problem had the pattern been even on the fabric. I went back to JoAnn's, had the lady unroll the entire bolt of fabric and then I proceeded to measure the distance between each set of flowers - nothing measured what I needed it to, so the back of the bumper is made out of plain muslin. . . which no one will likely ever see, so I guess it does not matter.
This project has been done for about a month, but I couldn't post pictures until I got a mattress and sheet - which I finally picked up today. Lovely thing about the mattress - it was suppose to be $89, but I had a 20% off coupon. The lady at the counter was nice and gave me another 20% off coupon which I think was suppose to apply to the sheet I bought, but instead applied to the mattress, so I really got the mattress for 36% off, AND got to use a $5 off coupon on my $10 sheet. It was fantasitc! That would have never worked at Macy's. . .
. . . and I can already tell that that light switch right by the crib is going to be a problem in about 2 years.
Life with Teenaged Girl
16 hours ago