Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Colic Calm

Jonathan has always been a gassy baby. In my tummy he got the hiccups 3x a day, he still gets the hiccups and now his little tummy turns as hard as a rock with gas and he cries. . . well, like a baby. I've found two things that help with this problem. The first is breast feeding. However, 5 straight hours of breastfeeding, followed by a 1 hour nap and then more breastfeeding really makes it hard to get things done. I also think the only reason breastfeeding works is because it makes Jonathan feel comforted. The other thing that works is Colic Calm.

When I first started reading about Colic Calm I wondered if it would really work. I went to the store today and got some because my house is starting to smell and I can't figure out cleaning and feeding at the same time. Jonathan fell asleep in the car and I thought that maybe I wouldn't have to use it and that he would finally go down for a nap. 2 Minutes later he woke up and started crying so I gave him some of the Colic Calm. His reaction was instant. His forehead relaxed and he looked like he was at peace, 45 seconds later he was asleep and (as I would not be able to write this if he were awake) is still asleep. As one woman wrote, “Colic Calm gets my vote for the Nobel Peace Prize.”

2 comments:

Ashley Hasty said...

Good to know!! Glad to hear you're finding some peace.

bright lights, big cities said...

i thought, great, baby post, haha... but the last quote made the read completely worth it.